Hello everyone! I apologize for the delay in posts! I have missed you all.
I decided to let you in on my random thoughts of the week. I could have posted these on my Twitter account but then my followers may get swamped by my outrageous amount of posts! ;)
So here we go!
- Mom duty 1 of 100,000,000,000: glorified booger wiper.
- Is it more dangerous driving and having kid/s in back seat or driving and texting?
- Without getting my workout done in a day (including rest day) I turn into a grump zombie with no energy. Those who approach - beware.
- I’m pretty sure doing cardio (INSANITY or T25) early in the morning or on weekends frustrates the neighbors below. But then again, so does re-racking my 52.5 pound Bowflex, I’m sure.
- When someone asks you what is wrong - and nothing was wrong - until that moment - things get wrong.
- This sticker book requires all the work from you. If someone gets this book for your toddler - hide it. For years.
- Am I the only one that realizes I became OCD since becoming a mother and does it annoy anyone else?
- Mom duty 2 of 100,000,000,000: counting to 3 angrily 6-10 times.
- Does anyone else have a problem wanting to buy/buying too many birthday presents for child/children? I keep getting several boxes from Amazon. Amongst these items, I am waiting on a pre-ordered Balance Bike (FirstBIKE Street Bike). I’ll review it after it arrives and we have time to try it out!
- I love the colder weather but am always having a war with the thermostat. Is that being a woman or an obnoxious HVAC?
- I am secretly hoping my daughter picks up my high school sport of tennis - but she gets tired of it after about 5 minutes. She would rather put the balls in the container. Too early? NEVER.
- We are addicted to watching the Cooking Network show Unique Sweets before bedtime. That is better than eating them, right?
Some of you asked for the recipe of the protein balls I make my man! I make the Mint Fudge Bars for myself, but I use a rendition of a recipe I found on PopSugar for the protein balls.
I double (sometimes quadruple) a normal recipe for him to have enough for a few days. Yes, that’s right, days (2-3).
It goes like this:
- 2/3 cup natural peanut/almond butter
- 1/2 cup honey (or sugar-free syrup as a binder)
- 2-3 scoops whey protein powder (it seems that chocolate and vanilla goes best but you could try any flavor I’m sure)
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 3 tablespoons dark chocolate chips (optional - he chooses none - you could sub for nuts)
Mix. Round into balls. Put in fridge for a couple hours. Put in mouth.
My daughter likes to help pour the ingredients in and round her own balls (very, very small ones). We are out of protein again - anyone have some good suggestions for buying whey in bulk (other than Costco)? :)
I hope everyone had a great weekend! We are off to my daughter’s first circus tonight! :)